Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Round Robin

Many years ago I was involved with a friends and family round robin.  Each of us chose a theme or quilt pattern we wanted which were passed around each month for a person to make a block.  I chose a Halloween theme.  I never assembled them because I just didn't have enough blocks to do anything. 

A year ago I located a Halloween "Spooktacular" round robin online at Jane's fabrics.  I was too late to join, but some of the ladies agreed to swap a block with me on the side.  I guess you could say that this lovely quilt is a culmination of friends old and new.  THANK YOU ALL!

It sort of all began with a little mystery class at Utah's Annual Quilt Meeting in Provo.  Our good friend, Charlene Richens, prepared a mystery for us in our hotel room.  This darling witch was the result of that mystery.  I have fond memories of much laughter and fun.

-"Pumpkin Patch" words: Mary Israel (friend)
-dracula: Linda Johnson (friend)
-pumpkins from left to right:  Mariella Potter, me, Karen Truman, 
     and Theresa Terry (friends)

-ghost block: mailed to me from Summer Sadie in Cordova, TN
-candy corns: Felicity (sister-in-law)
-wild hair witch: my mom
-witch on a broom: mailed to me from Kris in Rochester, NY
-haunted house: hand appliqued by Marie Pugsley (family)


-Trick or Treaters:  Felicity (sister-in-law)
-Boo block:  mailed to me from Belinda in Petersburg, TX


-cats: Deb and I made at the mystery class
-spiders: Deb Butler (friend)
-skull:  in the mail from Jennifer in Arlington, TX
-Buggy Barn witch: me

-Little witch:  Faye Torgerson (friend)
-bats: mailed to me by Cathy in Lakebay, WA
-witch legs: mailed to me by Nedra in St. G., Utah


No comments:

Post a Comment